Austin, TX – Texas Mutual Insurance Company recently announced that during its Week of Giving from Oct. 14-21, nearly 435 Texas Mutual employees spent 1,785 hours volunteering their time on 38 projects around the state, serving 31 different organizations.
Examples of volunteered projects include:
- Mock interviews at Goodwill of Central Texas
- Cemetery beautification at DFW National Cemetery & Houston National Cemetery
- Cooking meals at Ronald McDonald House – Austin, Dallas & Lubbock locations
- Building a house with Austin Habitat for Humanity
- Sorting donations at Central Texas Food Bank (food), South Plains Food Bank (food), Salvation Army (toys) & Dress for Success (clothing)
- Reading & playing with kids at Foundation Communities & Casa de Esperanza
- Making birthday signs and dog toys with Generation Serve
This marks the third year Texas Mutual has organized a companywide volunteering week in partnership with the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF).
Source: Texas Mutual