Atlanta, GA – Crawford & Company® (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B), recently announced its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2023.
GAAP Consolidated Results Second Quarter 2023
- Revenues before reimbursements of $320.7 million, up 9% over $293.3 million for the 2022 second quarter
- Net income attributable to shareholders of $8.4 million, compared with $5.8 million in the same period last year
- Diluted earnings per share of $0.17 for both CRD-A and CRD-B, compared with diluted earnings per share of $0.12 for both CRD-A and CRD-B in the prior year second quarter
Non-GAAP Consolidated Results Second Quarter 2023
Non-GAAP consolidated results for 2023 exclude the non-cash, after-tax adjustments for amortization of intangible assets of $1.5 million, non-service related pension costs of $1.6 million, and a contingent earnout adjustment of $0.5 million. Non-GAAP consolidated results for 2022 exclude a similar adjustment for amortization of intangible assets of $1.5 million, non-service related pension credits of $(0.4) million, and a contingent earnout adjustment of $0.2 million.
- Foreign currency exchange rates decreased revenues before reimbursements by $7.5 million or (3)%. Presented on a constant dollar basis to the prior year, revenues before reimbursements totaled $328.1 million, increasing 12% over the 2022 second quarter
- Net income attributable to shareholders, on a non-GAAP basis, totaled $12.0 million in the 2023 second quarter, compared with $7.2 million in the same period last year
- Diluted earnings per share, on a non-GAAP basis, totaled $0.24 for both CRD-A and CRD-B in the 2023 second quarter, compared with $0.15 for both CRD-A and CRD-B in the prior year second quarter
- Consolidated adjusted operating earnings, on a non-GAAP basis, were $22.8 million, or 7.1% of revenues before reimbursements in the 2023 second quarter, compared with $12.3 million, or 4.2% of revenues, in the 2022 second quarter
- Consolidated adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP financial measure, was $31.5 million, or 9.8% of revenues before reimbursements in the 2023 second quarter, compared with $21.2 million, or 7.2% of revenues, in the 2022 second quarter
“We continued our trend of growth and margin improvement with another strong performance in the second quarter. This was our eleventh consecutive quarter of consolidated revenue growth, reflecting the strength of our client relationships and the commitment of our people to excellence,” commented Rohit Verma, Chief Executive Officer of Crawford & Company. “Platform Solutions revenue grew 22% for the second quarter, related to strong activity in our Networks and Contractor Connection service lines. Revenue in our North America Loss Adjusting segment grew 15%, largely driven by the addition of specialty adjusters to our Global Technical Service team, as well as the addition of several new accounts. At Broadspire, usage of our Medical Management service increased as a result of new workers’ compensation business as well as enhanced post-pandemic stability in the sector. Our International business performed well, with improved margins reflecting work done on cost efficiency in 2022 as well as growth in the current year.
“Our balance sheet and cash generation remain strong, providing Crawford the financial flexibility to continue to invest in the technologies and people who will enhance our operational excellence as we execute on our strategic initiatives to drive continued shareholder value,” Mr. Verma concluded.
The complete results release is available here: Crawford & Company 2023 Second Quarter Results
Source: Crawford & Company