Washington, DC – The National Safety Council, America’s leading nonprofit safety advocate, is proud to announce the 2023 CEOs Who “Get It,” an annual recognition presented to safety leaders who go the extra mile to protect employees both on and off the job.
This year marks the 20th year NSC will present this honor. Seven individuals will be recognized in the February issue of Safety+Health magazine.
The 2023 CEOs Who “Get It” have built their organizations’ safety strategy using four key components: risk reduction, performance measurement, safety management solutions, and leadership and employee engagement.
This year’s recipients are:
- Ali Al-Baqali, CEO, Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C (Alba)
- Jane E. Cheeks, Director, Human Resources Department, City of Houston
- Brian Cox, CEO, STACK Americas, STACK Infrastructure
- Ryan I. Daniel, CEO, St. Cloud Metro Bus
- Paul Danos, CEO, Danos
- Les Hiscoe, CEO, Shawmut Design and Construction
- Anders Sjoelin, President & CEO, S&C Electric Company
“The seven leaders being honored this year have proven their dedication to the value of safety across a wide variety of industries and locations,” said Lorraine Martin, NSC president and CEO.
“They’ve integrated new technologies, broadened the scope of their programs to include psychological safety and bolstered worker engagement. Their impressive achievements have not only enhanced the safety of their workers, organizations and communities, but undoubtedly saved lives.”
A question-and-answer interview with each of the CEOs Who “Get It” is available at Safety+Health magazine.