Austin, TX – The Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) recently noted that on on June 8, 2022, it had extended its mandatory data call through December 2022 for certain information related to COVID-19 injuries reported to selected insurance carriers on or after December 1, 2019. DWC requested this information under Texas Labor Code §§401.024, 402.00111(b), 402.00128(b)(10) and (12), and Chapter 405.
To ensure that DWC has sufficient information to determine the impact of COVID-19 injuries on the Texas workers’ compensation system, DWC is extending the data call through March 31, 2023.
As a reminder:
• Only selected insurance carriers/groups are required to comply with the data call. Selected insurance carriers must provide summary data using the COVID-19 data call reporting forms and instructions. Each selected insurance carrier or group is required to provide one data submission per insurance carrier or group.
• Insurance carriers/groups must submit the requested data to DWC through the insurance carrier Austin representative’s secure file transfer protocol box no later than 5 p.m., Central time to be considered timely. See the schedule attached to this bulletin for a complete list of data call submission deadlines.
• Data call submissions are cumulative.
COVID-19 Data Call Submission Deadlines
What to Submit
- COVID-19 exposures and injuries reported to the insurance carrier from December 1, 2019, through December 31, 2022, and payments made on those injuries as of December 31, 2022. Submission Deadline to DWC: January 31, 2023
- COVID-19 exposures and injuries reported to the insurance carrier from December 1, 2019, through March 31, 2023, and payments made on those injuries as of March 31, 2023. Submission Deadline to DWC: April 28, 2023
For questions contact the Workers’ Compensation Research and Evaluation Group at WCResearch@tdi.texas.gov.