Austin, TX – WorkCompCollege.com recently released the list of Deans who are leading the development of the school’s Workers’ Recovery Professional Certification.
Seven Schools of Discipline each have two highly qualified professionals dedicating their time and skill toward creating this comprehensive education program. One, the School of Regulatory/Legislative, has been assigned three Deans due to topic complexity.
Mark Pew, who is serving as Provost for this community driven effort, said, “our selection of Deans was focused on highly experienced and credible professionals with diverse perspectives, a strategic mindset and a pay-it-forward passion; each Dean clearly fits within that model.” The Deans’ primary function will be to coordinate curriculum and lesson development with the faculty within their respective school of discipline.
The appointed school Deans are:
School of Medical Management
- Dr. Elizabeth Frenzel, MD, MPH, FACOEM – Occupational Medicine Physician, Former Director of Employee Health & Well-being, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Dr. Les Kertay, Ph.D., ABPP, FIAIME – Senior VP for Behavioral Health, Axiom Medical
School of Risk Management
- Bill Zachry – Board Member, California State Fund
- James Curbeam, CPCU, ARM, AIC – Director of Risk Management, Las Vegas Valley Water District
School of Claims
- Beth Goede – Director of Strategy and Optimization, The Hartford
- Julie Bandy – Casualty Claims Manager, CBCS, Inc.
School of Stakeholders
- Patti Colwell – Manager of Workers’ Compensation, Southwest Airlines
- Dr. Tyrone Spears, WCCP, ARM, IPMA-SCP – Division Chief, City of Los Angeles
School of Humanities
- Dawn Hays, CPCU, SCLA, AIC – Workers Compensation Claims Supervisor, UFG Insurance
- Melissa Steger – Associate Director of Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Insurance, The University of Texas System
School of Legal
- Stuart Colburn – Shareholder/Attorney, Downs & Stanford
- Ya’sheaka Williams, Esq. – Partner, Quintairos, Prieto, Wood, & Boyer, P.A.
School of Regulatory/Legislative
- Abbie Hudgens – Administrator, Tennessee Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Albert Betts, Jr. – Executive Director, Insurance Council of Texas
- Paul Sighinolfi – Former Chairman of Maine WCC, Senior Managing Director, Ametros
School of Return to Work
- Ryan Guppy, CDMS – Director of Work Disability Prevention, Linea Solutions, Inc.
- Dr. Ilana Lehman – Vocational Services Specialist & Education Specialist, Washington State Labor and Industries