New York, NY – RIMS recently announced that Patrick Sterling will lead the Society as president for the 2022 term, effective January 1.
Mr. Sterling is Vice President of Legendary People at Texas Roadhouse in Louisville, Kentucky. A 34-year veteran of the restaurant industry, Patrick oversees executive and management staffing, benefits and compensation, human resource administration, risk management, asset protection and employee relations. Prior to joining Texas Roadhouse in 2004, Patrick served in several leadership positions for Ruby Tuesday.
He has been a member of RIMS for 17 years and was actively involved with RIMS Kentuckiana Bluegrass Chapter, as well as volunteering on RIMS External Affairs, Finance and Audit, and Annual Conference Programming committees. Mr. Sterling joined RIMS global board of directors in 2018 and has served as the Society’s Board Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President. He was a Risk Manager of the Year Honor Roll inductee in 2016 and a “Risk Innovator” award winner in 2009.
“The risk management profession has reached a pivotal moment in its history,” said Patrick Sterling. “As organizations moved quickly to address tremendous volatility and uncertainty, the value of strong risk management has never been more apparent to business leaders. It’s up us to keep this momentum going.
“To do this, risk professionals must be courageous; unafraid to step-up to lead strategic conversations and deliver answers that pave the way for growth and innovation. I am beyond proud to serve as RIMS 2022 President and can’t wait to work with this outstanding Board, as well as the Society’s dedicated volunteers and staff to continue to create opportunities for risk professionals around the world.”
Officers on RIMS 2022 Board of Directors:
- President: Patrick Sterling, SPHR, SHRM-SCP; Vice President, Legendary People, Texas Roadhouse.
- Vice President: Jennifer Santiago, MBA, RIMS-CRMP, ARM; Director, Risk Management and Safety, Wakefern Food Corp.
- Treasurer: David E. Arick, ARM; Assistant Treasurer, Global Risk Management, International Paper Company.
- Secretary: Kristen Peed, AIC, ARM-E, CPCU, CRM, RPLU; Director of Corporate Risk Management, CBIZ, Inc.
New Board Members:
- Manuel Padilla; ARM, AIC, SPPA, CPRM, Vice President, Risk Management & Insurance, MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated.
- Christie Weinstein; Director, Risk Management, Honeywell International Inc.
Incumbent Board Members: