Boca Raton, FL – NCCI recently released a new Insights brief, 2021 Legislative Trends: Top Issues to Watch, which covers legislative activity that could impact the workers compensation system.
NCCI monitors legislative activity that could impact the workers compensation system and notes that 2021 is already shaping up to be a busy legislative season. The report is an update as of March 1, 2021.
Several trends reported on in 2020 remain in the spotlight, including:
- COVID-19 workers compensation presumptions of compensability
- workers compensation for workplace-related mental injuries
- the legalization of marijuana,
- single-payer health insurance proposals, and
- independent contractors/gig economy.
NCCI is tracking more than 700 state and federal bills, including 497 bills in states where NCCI provides ratemaking services. NCCI is also currently monitoring 161 workers compensation-related regulations.
Read the free brief: NCCI: 2021 Legislative Trends: Top Issues to Watch
NCCI has also released an updated report on COVID-19-related state and federal cases: NCCI: COVID-19 Court Cases Report