Towson, MD – Chesapeake Employers’ Insurance Company recently announced the launch of WC Connect, a new online listing of support and recovery resources for injured workers and their families. WC Connect aims to put injured workers and their family members in touch with individuals and organizations offering support and mentoring from those who have previously experienced – and survived – such injuries as severe burns, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, and spinal cord injuries.
WC Connect is the vision of Chesapeake Employers CEO Tom Phelan, CPA, who was inspired to create a support network through which injured workers and their families could connect with other survivors who have experienced the trauma of a workplace injury. Additional resources also offer inspirational motivation and educational financial support for injured workers’ children.
“We recognize that seriously injured workers and their families oftentimes need and benefit from receiving support provided by families who have experienced the same kind of life-altering event,” explains Mr. Phelan. “Chesapeake Employers is passionate about helping our injured workers and their families recover from a serious injury. Support groups can help answer difficult questions, share valuable perspectives, and foster positivity.”
WC Connect offers resources for:
- The Johns Hopkins Adult Burn Center
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors
- Lehigh Valley Health Network Burn Recovery Center
- Burn Support Magazine
- Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center
Traumatic brain injuries
- Love Your Brain
- Brain Injury Association of Maryland
- ReMed Brain Injury Support Group
- CDC Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion
- Amputee Coalition Support Group Network and Certified Peer Visitors
Spinal cord injuries
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
- John O’Leary Live Inspired
- Amberley Snyder
Educational financial support
- Kids’ Chance of Maryland, Inc.
Source: Chesapeake Employers