San Francisco, CA – The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) recently posted an order adopting regulations to update the evidence-based treatment guidelines of the Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS).
The updates, effective for medical treatment services rendered on or after September 21, 2020, incorporate by reference the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine’s (ACOEM’s) most recent treatment guidelines to the Clinical Topics section of the MTUS.
The ACOEM guidelines that are incorporated by reference into the MTUS are:
- Knee Disorders Guideline (ACOEM December 3, 2019)
- Workplace Mental Health Guideline: Depressive Disorders (ACOEM January 13, 2020)
- Occupational/Work-Related Asthma Guideline (ACOEM June 5, 2020)
- Occupational Interstitial Lung Disease Guideline (ACOEM November 8, 2019)
The administrative order consists of the order and two addenda:
- Addendum one shows the regulatory amendments directly related to the evidence-based updates to the MTUS.
- Addendum two contains hyperlinks to the updated ACOEM guidelines adopted and incorporated into the MTUS by reference.
Health care providers treating, evaluating (QME), or reviewing (UR or IMR) in the California workers’ compensation system may access the MTUS (ACOEM) Guidelines and MTUS Drug List at no cost by registering for an account.’
Source: CA DWC