Denver, CO – Pinnacol Assurance recently honored 50 of its policyholders with the 2019 Circle of Safety Award.
Winners have shown exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management. Many of the 2019 winners maintained superior performance despite operating in high-risk industries such as construction, manufacturing, healthcare and ski resorts. Winners are located throughout the state and range from small, family-owned businesses to large corporate operations.
“It’s crucial that businesses take proactive safety measures to protect their employees, and we’re seeing that’s especially true amid a pandemic,” said Josh Kreger, Pinnacol’s director of safety innovation and strategy. “An unwavering commitment to a strong safety program is the foundation of a safer workplace as businesses confront the unique challenges of COVID-19. An investment in risk management directly benefits businesses’ operational productivity and employees’ physical safety. It also can foster engagement, trust and loyalty, all of which help keep employees living safe and healthy lives.”
Pinnacol’s Circle of Safety Award was created with the understanding that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top managers and front-line employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone plays a role in making Colorado workplaces safer for Colorado employees.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for at least four consecutive years.
- Experience modification rate (the employer’s claims costs compared with the industry average) of 0.88 or less in the current policy period.
- Combined four-year loss ratio (claims paid by Pinnacol divided by the premium paid by the employer) less than or equal to 35%.
- Eighty percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours over the past four years.
- Two or fewer notices of cancellation each year. When employers pay their bill late or not at all, they and their employees can be at risk.
- No noncompliant audits. When employers do not complete their audit correctly or at all, they are at risk of paying too much or too little for their workers’ compensation coverage.
- Currently hold the state of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification, which helps employers prevent workplace injuries and control insurance-related costs.
- No fatalities.
Circle of Safety 2019 Award winners
Adcon Signs,* Fort Collins
Alpine Security LLC, Avon
Altitude Painting, Crested Butte
American Arbor Care, Denver
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area,* Dillon
ARTNOCO LLC, Windsor
Aspen Falls Custom Landscape & Construction,* Centennial
Asphalt Specialists and Supply Inc., Grand Junction
Authentic Drilling Inc., Kiowa
BOA Technology Inc., Denver
Colorado Cleanup Corporation, Englewood
Colorado Springs Housing Authority,* Colorado Springs
Columbine Label Company Inc.,* Englewood
Denver Zoological Foundation, Denver
Double M Concrete LLC,* Colorado Springs
DSP Builders Inc., Denver
DW Metal Works Inc., Grand Junction
Dwire Earthmoving LLC, Colorado Springs
Eastern Rio Blanco Metro Recreation & Park District, Meeker
Fiske Electric,* Johnstown
Forestry Specialists Inc., Colorado Springs
Fransen Pittman General Contractors,* Englewood
Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District,* Frederick
Front Range Lumber Company, Lakewood
Frontier Honda Ltd., Longmont
The Gallegos Corporation, Englewood
Glacier Construction, Greenwood Village
High Country Fence LLC, Colorado City
HRL Compliance Solutions Inc.,* Grand Junction
JITA Contracting Inc., Durango
La Luna Dairy, Wellington
Lakewood Electric Company Inc., Englewood
Lefever Building Systems,* Denver
Left Hand Water District, Niwot
Mark Young Construction,* Frederick
Maximum Painting LLC, Fort Collins
Metal Distributors Inc., Fort Collins
Mountain Top Builders Inc., Tabernash
Munro Companies Inc., Grand Junction
Pikes Peak Steel LLC,* Colorado Springs
Piper Communication Services Inc.,* Arvada
Premier Fire Protection Inc., Loveland
Reliant Energy Systems Inc., Parker
Severson Supply Co. Inc., Craig
Spriggs Excavation Inc.,* Durango
Visions 4 U Home Care, Colorado Springs
Wolf Creek Ski Area, Pagosa Springs
Y-W Electric Association Inc.,* Akron
*Winner in multiple years
Source: Pinncaol Assurance