Oakland, CA – The California Workers’ Compensation Institute (CWCI) recently announced the election of its Board of Directors for 2020.
Matthew Zender of AmTrust North America has been elected Chairman for 2020. Mr. Zender, who served as the Vice-Chair of the Board in 2019, replaces Rose Barrett of North American Casualty Company, who will continue to serve on the Institute’s Board and Executive Committee this year.
Joining Mr. Zender and Ms. Barrett on CWCI’s 2020 Executive Committee will be:
- Martin Brady of Schools Insurance Authority, an associate member;
- Kris Mathis, CopperPoint Insurance Companies;
- David Mitchell, Republic Indemnity Company of America;
- Vernon Steiner, State Compensation Insurance Fund; and
- Sharon Thaler, AIG.
Also elected to serve on CWCI’s 2020 Board of Directors were:
- Paul Ziegler, Allianz Global Corporate and Specialty;
- Russ Selinger, Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies;
- Justin Boardman, CHUBB;
- Dwight Robertson, M.D., Employers Insurance Group;
- Joseph Wells, Everest Insurance;
- Robert L. Hughes, The Hartford Insurance Companies;
- Amanda Granger, ICW Group;
- John Dickey, Liberty Mutual Insurance;
- Eric Hansen, Preferred Employers Insurance;
- Scott Lange, Sentry;
- Eric Belk, Travelers;
- Neil DeBlock, Zurich North America; and
- Kevin Confetti, University of California, an associate member.