Pleasanton, CA — California Assembly Bill 5 (AB 5) takes effect for workers’ compensation on July 1, 2020.
To prepare California employers for the upcoming changes to the Labor Code and help them determine how employment status impacts their workers’ compensation policy, State Compensation Insurance Fund (State Fund) has created an online Employment Status Resource Center.
The resource center includes:
- Information on how to determine employment status
- Touchpoints that illustrate when employment status impacts a workers’ comp policy
- Link to AB 5 legislative information
In addition to the online resource center, State Fund also offers free, interactive AB 5 training webinars for interested parties. Capacity is limited so employers are encouraged to sign up as quickly as possible.
Upcoming webinars include:
- Tuesday, March 10, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Register here.
- Tuesday, April 21, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Register here.
A pre-recorded session is available in the Employment Status Resource Center for those unable to attend a live webinar.
Source: State Fund