Chicago, IL – Rising Medical Solutions recently announced that experts from its seventh annual Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study will share the most recent research findings in an upcoming webinar entitled “Comparing Claims Leader & Frontline Staff Perspectives,” this free webinar will take place on Wednesday, February 12, 2020, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST.
While the study has historically surveyed workers’ compensation claims leaders, its first-time polling of frontline claims staff comes at a critical time for the industry. With an estimated 140.3 million U.S. workers receiving workers’ compensation benefits, frontline claims professionals are personally responsible for managing a total economic outlay of nearly $100 billion dollars in benefits annually. Coupled with the industry’s top threat – the talent crisis – the impact frontline staff have on the industry’s financial viability and injured worker outcomes cannot be overstated. Understanding the view from the front lines is not only valuable to industry payers, it’s vital.
Now, through the 2019 survey findings, the responses of nearly 1,300 frontline professionals reveal firsthand ways the industry can surmount its talent challenges. They were asked what motivates them, what approaches they use to manage claims, how they engage injured workers, how they use technology, and what training they need. The study also reports on how the views of frontline staff mirror or differ from those of claims leaders who participated in prior research.
In this one-hour webinar, experts – including those with prior frontline experience – will discuss the top 10 study findings and address the increasing stakes of retaining and attracting talent to the worker’s compensation industry.
Moderated by Risk & Insurance® Editor-In-Chief Dan Reynolds, the webinar will feature:
- Denise Algire, Director of Risk Initiatives & National Medical Director, Albertsons Companies
- Linda Butler, Director, Claims Management, Walt Disney World Resort
- Thomas Stark, Vice President, Underwriting, Zenith Insurance Company
- Todd Brown, Director of Account Management, Rising Medical Solutions
The expert panel will focus on:
- Alignment of frontline staff perspectives with those of claim leaders surveyed in prior years
- Assessment of job meaningfulness
- Ranking of company benefits that frontline staff most value
- Investment in training, and whether it’s considered adequate
- Ranking of key practices most critical to claim outcomes
- Assessment of technology and data’s effectiveness in performing current job
Webinar registration is required: Webinar: 2019 Workers’ Compensation Benchmark Study — Comparing Claims Leader & Frontline Staff Perspectives
Registrants will receive a complimentary copy of the 2019 Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study Report.