Albany, NY – The New York State Workers’ Compensation Board recently announced that the state’s Workers’ Compensation Formulary (NY WC Formulary) would become effective today for all new prescriptions.
Starting today, all new prescriptions for injured workers in New York State must be listed within the NY WC Formulary unless an alternative medication has been approved through the NYS Workers’ Compensation Board’s new prior authorization process.
Also effective today, the electronic prior authorization process will be available to registered providers and carriers/self-insured employers through the Board’s Medical Portal.
The Board’s Drug Formulary Overview webpage offers resources including:
- An overview of the NY WC Formulary and the prior authorization process
- The latest version of the NY WC Formulary (effective December 5, 2019)
- A video overview for medical providers
- A Quick Guide to the NY WC Formulary
- An NY WC Formulary Dashboard Guide for Medical Providers
Information and resources related to the Board’s Medical Portal are available on the Board’s Medical Portal Overview webpage.
For more information:
- General Formulary questions: email WCBFormularyQuestions@wcb.ny.gov
- Technical Support questions: email WCBCustomerSupport@wcb.ny.gov
- Subscribe to receive email notifications at: http://www.wcb.ny.gov/notify
Source: NYS WCB