San Diego, CA – The National Safety Council recently hosted its National Awards Celebration in San Diego, recognizing individuals and organizations for helping make communities, workplaces and roads in the U.S. safer. The event is held annually in conjunction with the NSC Congress and Expo, the nation’s largest annual gathering of safety and health professionals.
Recognition categories included:
- NSC Community Advancement Awards, presented to entities that are dedicated to safety at work and have also committed time and resources to bring safety into the community
- 2019 NSC Rising Stars of Safety, recognizing tomorrow’s leaders younger than age 40 for their commitment to safety, influence on safety culture and creation of safety initiatives producing measureable outcomes
- NSC Workplace Safety Awards, honoring collective safety achievements and the implementation of effective safety policies and procedures
- NSC Corporate Culture of Safety Awards, recognizing organizations that have received more than 50 awards through the NSC Awards Program in 2019
- Joseph M. Kaplan Safe Drivers of the Year, recognizing professional drivers nominated for their total driving record, including miles and years driven without a preventable crash
- NSC Defensive Driving Instructors of the Year Awards, recognizing the best-of-the-best defensive driving instructors in each program NSC offers; one overall Instructor of the Year winner also is named, and this year three recipients earned Commitment to Driver Safety Excellence Awards
The National Safety Council congratulated the individuals and organizations for their dedication to saving lives and preventing injuries.
Learn more about the NSC awards programs.