Jacksonville, FL – One Call recently announced the latest webinar in its series, with this session focusing on the condition of “Diabesity” (obesity and diabetes combined), which is on the rise. The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 from 11am-12pm ET.
When this condition is present alongside a workplace injury, it can significantly impact the return-to-work timeline. The webinar will explore the best practices for managing claims that involve an injured worker with this condition.
Course objectives will include:
- Understand the alarming trends related to growing rates of obesity and diabetes – diabesity – among American workers, the heightened risk involved at the convergence of these conditions and their significant impact on workers’ compensation
- Identify best practices for managing claims that involve injured workers with these conditions, from the point of injury to return-to-work
- Develop a proactive and systemic strategy, rather than reactive processes, to manage claims where diabesity is a factor
The webinar will be presented by Michelle Despres, PT, CEAS II Vice President, National Product Leader for Physical Therapy. Michelle is a leader within the world of physical therapy discussing everything from virtual physical therapy to physical therapy as an opioid alternative. She encourages injured workers to be independent and take an active role in their recovery with the help of innovations in physical therapy. Michelle mentors clinicians to improve delivery of treatments and services and return-to-work results. She performs onsite and online continuing education, has spoken at numerous conferences throughout the country, and is featured in the industries most prominent publications.
The webinar will also qualify for 1 CE Hour approved for:
- Nursing: RN, LPN, ARNP, CNA nationwide
- Nursing Certifications: CCM, CDMS and CRC nationwide
- Adjuster: AK, AL, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, LA, MS, MT, NC, NH, NM, NV, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA
- Adjuster CA: WC Post-Designation
- AAPC: American Academy of Professional Coders
- FL PT/OT
Adjuster: KY and MN have not been approved for this webinar.
Source: One Call
One Call is a WorkCompWire ad partner.
This is not a paid placement.