Cheyenne, WY – Fourteen Wyoming work sites in the private sector have been recognized for outstanding health and safety efforts by Wyoming OSHA’s Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP).
SHARP is a national program recognizing businesses that work with OSHA’s On-Site Consultation Program services and operate exemplary injury and illness prevention programs. Acceptance into SHARP is an achievement that distinguishes a company among its business peers as a model for workplace safety and health.
During the last fiscal year, the following Wyoming businesses earned SHARP status:
- Community Entry Services, Lander
- Community Entry Services, Evanston
- High Plains Power, Riverton
- High Plains Power, Dubois
- High Plains Power, Casper
- Komatsu Mining Corporation, Green River
- Lincoln Self Reliance Inc., Diamondville
- Lincoln Self Reliance Inc., Champs Ave., Evanston
- Lincoln Self Reliance Inc., East Aspen Grove, Evanston
- Safariland, North Loop, Casper
- Safariland, South Loop, Casper
- Safariland, Neosho, Casper
- Bighorn Prospecting, Thermopolis
- Mesa Natural Gas Solutions, Evansville
OSHA’s On-site Consultation Program offers free and confidential safety and occupational health advice to small and medium-sized businesses in all states across the country, with priority given to high-hazard worksites. On-site Consultation services are separate from enforcement and do not result in penalties or citations to the company. Consultants from state agencies or universities work with employers to identify workplace hazards, provide advice on compliance with OSHA standards, and assists in establishing injury and illness prevention programs. In Wyoming, these services are provided through the Department of Workforce Services OSHA Consultation Program.
For additional information about the OSHA On-site Consultation Program, visit osha.gov or call (800) 321-OSHA (6742).
Source: WY DFS