Memphis, TN – Sedgwick recently announced the publishing of its “Forward thinking 2019” list, which includes major industry trends employers and risk management professionals should watch this year.
In 2019, Sedgwick is also celebrating its 50th anniversary. In honor of this special milestone, the company is embarking on a yearlong exploration of the Sedgwick journey entitled 50 Forward: the future of caring. “Throughout the year, we will pay tribute to our past and celebrate our bright future. Sedgwick has many achievements to be proud of and at the center is our proven ability to meet our clients’ needs,” said David A. North, president and CEO of Sedgwick.
“Over the past 50 years, we have helped our clients prepare for changes, control costs, improve outcomes and successfully respond to the needs of their businesses. To ensure ongoing success, we must continue to deliver the highest level of service to our clients across the globe,” North said. “This includes providing solutions and expertise to help our clients manage the wide array of issues they face. A critical part of this is keeping them informed on evolving industry changes.”
Sedgwick’s thought leaders believe the topics and trends outlined below will significantly evolve in 2019 and beyond and the team will continue monitoring throughout the year.
Preparing for emerging risks
- Planning for the unexpected
- Understanding the impact of the sharing economy on the workforce
- Adapting to generational changes
Embracing next-level technology
- Ensuring data security
- Elevating the consumer experience
- Improving loss adjusting with technology
Moving forward with new healthcare strategies
- Tailoring the recovery journey
- Advancing value-based care
- Addressing mental health in the workplace
Broadening claims expertise as needs change
- Managing product liability and recall risks
- Building skilled claims teams
- Understanding the benefits of integrated disability programs