Pleasanton, CA – Former governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. made the following appointments to the State Compensation Insurance Fund Board of Directors last week.
New members include:
- David Lanier, of Davis, is now Board chair. Lanier has served as secretary of the California Labor and Workforce Development Agency since 2013. He served as chief deputy legislative affairs secretary for Governor Brown from 2011 to 2013, and in several legislative staff positions beginning in 1995.
- Tom Berryhill, of Modesto, served as Senator for the California State Senate’s 8th District from 2010 to 2018 and as Assembly Member for the California State Assembly’s 25th District from 2006 to 2010.
- Art Pulaski, of Berkeley, has been executive secretary treasurer and chief officer of the California Labor Federation since 1996 and president of the California Works Foundation since 2000. He has worked in a number of other roles focused on labor issues since 1984.
- Angie Tate, of Sacramento, is principal at Burton and the Brains since 2018 and chief financial officer for the California Democratic Party since 2009. She also served as finance director for former California State Senator John Burton from 1998 to 2009.
Governor Brown also reappointed two Board members:
- Daniel M. Curtin, of Carmichael, has served on the Board since 2009. Curtin has served as director for the California Conference of Carpenters since 2001 and previously held the same position from 1992 to 1999. He served as chief deputy director for the California Department of Industrial Relations from 1999 to 2001. Curtin is a member of the California Water Commission and the High-Speed Rail Authority Board of Directors.
- Marvin Kropke, of Brea, has served on the Board since 2013. Kropke has been business manager and financial secretary at the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 11 since 1997. He has been a member of IBEW since 1979. Kropke is executive secretary at the California State Association of Electrical Workers and is co-chairman of Working Californians.