Denver, CO – Pinnacol Assurance recently honored 29 of its policyholders with its 2018 Circle of Safety Award. Winners have shown exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management.
Many of this year’s winners maintained exemplary performance despite operating in high-risk industries such as construction, manufacturing, health care and ski resorts. They represent an array of employers in Colorado, from small, family-owned businesses to large corporate operations.
“These Colorado employers have shown a commitment to workplace safety that permeates their culture,” said Krista O’Rourke, Pinnacol’s vice president of agency relations and safety services. “They have seen the direct benefits of a safer workplace on their workers’ compensation costs, but what’s potentially more valuable is the more secure, productive, loyal and engaged workforce their investment in employee safety can foster.”
The Circle of Safety Award was created with the understanding that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top managers and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone plays a role in making Colorado workplaces safer.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for at least four consecutive years.
- Experience modification rate (the employer’s claims costs compared with the industry average) of .85 or less in the current policy period.
- Combined four-year loss ratio (claims paid by Pinnacol divided by the premium paid by the employer) of less than or equal to 35 percent.
- Eighty percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours over the past four years.
- Two or fewer notices of cancellation each year. When employers pay their bill late or not at all, they and their employees can be at risk.
- No noncompliant audits. When employers do not complete their audit correctly or at all, they are at risk of paying too much or too little for their workers’ compensation coverage.
- Currently hold the state of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification, which helps employers prevent workplace injuries and control insurance-related costs.
- No fatalities.
Circle of Safety 2018 Award Winners
- Adcon Signs,* Fort Collins
- Alert Traffic Control Inc.,* Bayfield
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area,* Dillon
- Aspen Falls Custom Design & Landscape,* Centennial
- C & L Water Solutions Inc., Littleton
- Colorado Springs Housing Authority,* Colorado Springs
- Columbine Label Company Inc.,* Englewood
- Double M Concrete LLC,* Woodland Park
- Fiske Electric,* Johnstown
- Fransen Pittman General Contractors,* Englewood
- Frazee Construction Co.,* Colorado Springs
- Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District,* Frederick
- HRL Compliance Solutions Inc.,* Grand Junction
- JDS Electric LLC,* Gillette, WY
- Lefever Building Systems,* Commerce City
- LT Environmental Inc.,* Arvada
- Mark Young Construction,* Frederick
- Maximum Painting LLC, Fort Collins
- Pikes Peak Steel LLC,* Colorado Springs
- Piper Communication Services Inc.,* Arvada
- Primary Care Partners Inc., Grand Junction
- Reliant Energy Systems Inc., Parker
- Silverpick Contracting Inc., Durango
- Ski Cooper,* Leadville
- Skyline Property Management Inc./Skyline Realty, Golden
- Splintered Forest, Englewood
- Spriggs Excavation Inc.,* Durango
- TDA Research Inc., Wheat Ridge
- Y-W Electric Association Inc.,* Akron
* Winner in multiple years