San Diego, CA – Awards were presented for outstanding contributions to the workers compensation industry at the 7th Annual Comp Laude® Awards and Gala, Wednesday night in San Diego, CA.
Over 250 attendees gathered on the 4th floor pool deck of the Manchester Grand Hyatt overlooking the San Diego Bay. Attendees enjoyed appetizers as a magical sunset cast a golden hue over the attendees and award winners as they received their awards. “The Comp Laude® Awards were designed to highlight what’s right in our industry,” said Kristen Chavez, President and CEO.
According to advisory board member, Sandy Shtab, Heathesystems, “Comp Laude is one of my favorite events of the year because it celebrates so many of the incredible industry people who make a difference. Most of all it highlights injured workers who overcome tremendous obstacles and inspire us to do better every day.”
The Comp Laude® Awards, means “with honor” and were presented to individuals and companies representing many segments of the workers compensation industry, even injured workers. This year, awards were presented in 11 categories:
- People’s Choice Award: Kristy Sands, Gallagher Bassett
- Employer, Bill Wainscott, International Paper
- Applicant / Claimant Attorney, Geoffrey Bichler, Bichler, Oliver, Longo & Fox PLLC
- Defense Attorney, Jake Jacobsmeyer, Shaw Jacobsmeyer Crain & Claffey
- Claims Professional, Kenneth Meniatis, Sedgwick
- Medical Professional, Jodi Loud, The Hartford
- Service Provider, Quality Living, Inc
- Work Comp Philanthropy, James Hudak, Paradigm Outcomes
- Industry Leader, Steven Rissman, Rissman, Barrett, Hurt, Donahue, McLain & Mangan, P.A.
- Five injured workers received awards: Daniel Brite, Mary Cavalieri, Erin Husman, Billy Parker, and Seth Wannamaker
- Agent/Broker, Josh Diggs
The top two awards were presented to individuals selected for their career contributions
to the workers compensation industry:
For a complete list of nominees and finalists, click here. Next year’s Comp Laude Awards and Gala event is scheduled for October 30 – November 1st in San Diego, CA.