St. Louis, MO – Out Front Ideas with Kimberly and Mark has announced its next complimentary webinar, which focuses on new approaches to pain management, noting that the workers’ compensation community has been working for years to address the appropriate use of opioid medications for pain.
Now that we are moving away from opioids as the first choice of treatment, what are the alternatives for treating chronic pain? Pain is very subjective, and every individual responds to it differently, so there is no “one-size-fits-all” solution.
In the webinar a hand-picked panel of experts reprises a recent popular Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation workshop to share a variety of techniques for treating acute pain and chronic pain.
Topics for discussion include:
- The influential role that psychology plays in pain management.
- How to define pre-pain treatment and how it can aid injured worker recovery.
- Available alternative pain management techniques that can replace opioids.
- The importance of patient engagement in chronic pain management.
- And more!
Speakers will include:
- Geralyn Datz, PhD, President and Clinical Director, Southern Behavioral Medicine Associates
- Teresa Bartlett, M.D., Senior Medical Officer, Sedgwick
- Patricia Cole, PhD, Shirley Ryan Ability Lab
The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday April 10 at 11am CT.
Click here to register: Out Front Ideas: Reevaluating Pain Management
Source: Out Front Ideas