San Francisco, CA – DWC Administrative Director George Parisotto has issued an Order updating the Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS) Drug Formulary effective May 15, 2018 pursuant to Labor Code section 5307.29.
The Administrative Director’s update Order adopts changes to the MTUS Drug List including the following:
- Addition and deletion of drugs for treatment of Eye Disorders to coordinate with the updated ACOEM Eye Disorders Guideline which was adopted into the MTUS
- Designation of “Exempt/Non-Exempt” status for drugs added for treatment of Eye Disorders
- Designation of “Special Fill” status for drugs added for treatment of Eye Disorders
- Update of guideline reference symbols for Ankle and Foot Disorders and Eye Disorders
- Designation of an additional corticosteroid as eligible for the “Special Fill”
The updated MTUS Drug List and the Administrative Director Order is posted on the DWC MTUS drug formulary web page. Further updates to the MTUS Drug List will be made on a quarterly, or more frequent, basis.
Source: CA DWC