Honolulu, HI – Members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently elected the following officers for 2018 during its Fall 2017 National Meeting:
- President: Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak
Julie Mix McPeak was appointed by Gov. Bill Haslam to lead the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance on Jan. 12, 2011.
- President-Elect: Maine Insurance Superintendent Eric A. Cioppa
Eric A. Cioppa was confirmed as superintendent of the Maine Bureau of Insurance in September 2011.
- Vice President: South Carolina Insurance Director Raymond G. Farmer
Raymond G. Farmer was appointed by Gov. Nikki Haley to serve as director for the South Carolina Department of Insurance on November 13, 2012.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Hawaii Insurance Commissioner Gordon I. Ito
Gordon I. Ito was reappointed by Gov. David Y. Ige to serve as commissioner of the Hawaii Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs – Insurance Division on January 1, 2015.
The newly elected officers will assume their duties on Jan. 1, 2018.
2018 Zone Officers Elected
NAIC members also elected 2018 zone officers during the Fall National Meeting.
- Katharine L. Wade — Chair, Connecticut
- Elizabeth Kelleher Dwyer — Vice Chair, Rhode Island
- Stephen C. Taylor — Secretary-Treasurer, District of Columbia
- Jim L. Ridling — Chair, Alabama
- Mike Chaney — Vice Chair, Mississippi
- Jim Donelon — Secretary-Treasurer, Louisiana
- John D. Doak — Chair, Oklahoma
- Stephen W. Robertson — Vice Chair, Indiana
- Larry Deiter — Secretary-Treasurer, South Dakota
- Dean L. Cameron — Chair, Idaho
- Todd E. Kiser — Vice Chair, Utah
- Lori K. Wing-Heier — Secretary-Treasurer, Alaska