St. Louis, MO – Safety National recently announced a new webinar on medicinal marijuana, noting that it is time for the workers’ compensation industry to embrace this new reality and learn how to incorporate the use of medicinal marijuana into claims handling where appropriate. Medicinal marijuana has already been legalized in 29 states and D.C., with 12 states pending legislation. It might surprise many to hear that there are actually advantages and improved outcomes related to its use.
The complimentary webinar will take a practical look at the current state of medicinal marijuana and examine its role in workers’ compensation programs.
Topics covered will include:
- The key differences between medicinal and recreational marijuana.
- Legal issues that vary by state, including key examples and a case law update.
- Tangible ideas on how to begin implementation into your program.
- What claim characteristics typically respond well to medicinal marijuana as part of treatment.
- Case studies that show how medicinal marijuana has helped to reduce costs and improve outcome potential.
Speakers will include:
- Elizabeth S. Shocklee, Member, Evans & Dixon LLC
- Sherri Hickey, Assistant Vice President – Medical Management, Safety National
The webinar is scheduled for Thursday, July 20 at 1pm CT.
Source: Safety National
Safety National is a WorkCompWire ad partner.
This is not a paid placement.