Oakland, CA – The WCIRB is excited to announce the next generation of customer enabling solutions — a web service that provides insurers with 24/7 real-time access to key risk level data including: Experience Modifications, named insureds, policy addresses and assigned classifications. This is a significant step forward in its efforts to modernize how information is exchanged.
This service is set to go live in August 2017 — in time to provide insurers instant access to complete and accurate information as they prepare their 2018 policies.
Participating members and their authorized Third Party Administrators or Managing General Agents will, at no additional charge, be able to connect with the WCIRB’s web service by sending a WCIRB-assigned Bureau Number or a policyholder’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). If a match is located, the web service will return the requested information as a XML message that can be integrated into a policy issuing system or formatted into a report. Information provided includes:
- Experience Modifications: 10 years of X-Mods by rating effective year (YYYY) or, when the requestor is the insurer of record, the full rating effective date (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Current policyholder names and FEINs
- Current policyholder addresses
- Count of in-force policies for the risk
- Standard classifications for the risk that are:
- Assigned by the WCIRB, along with date of assignment
- Reported on the USRs within the current experience period — including identifying the classification that developed the most payroll in the most recent experience period
Insurers interested in learning more about this web service — including the technical considerations — are encouraged to contact Kirsty Schanmier, WCIRB Senior Operations Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.778.7103.
Source: CA WCIRB