St. Louis, MO – Out Front Ideas with Kimberly and Mark has announced its next complimentary webinar, noting that pain is real, is individual, can be continuous or sporadic, and too many doctors are treating these variations by using opioids as a one-size-fits-all solution, which poses significant health risks and functionality concerns to patients. Because of this, pain has become a public health problem in the United States and workers’ compensation claims are not immune to the challenges related to it.
In the webinar, nationally-recognized experts will discuss how the workers’ compensation system can make use of opioid alternatives for pain management, deploy successful pain management programs and address chronic pain.
Topics Covered will include:
- The psychology of pain and its role in determining a path to treatment.
- Early-stage effective pain management protocols.
- Leading non-opioid treatment modalities to address chronic pain and the latest research in pain catastrophizing.
- The need to support better integration of pain education and pain psychology into physician practices and treatment planning.
- Ways to equip consumers with information and skills to reduce and treat pain.
Guest speakers will include:
- Beth Darnall, PhD – Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Pain Medicine, Stanford University; Clinical Pain Psychologist, Stanford Pain Mgmt Center; Author of Less Pain, Fewer Pills & The Opioid-Free Pain Relief Kit
- Steve Stanos, DO – Medical Director of Pain Medicine Services, Swedish Medical System; Director of Occupational Medicine Services, Swedish Medical System; President, The American Academy of Pain Medicine
The webinar is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday May 9 at 11am CT.
Click here to register: Out Front Ideas: Alternatives to Opioids for Pain Treatment
Source: Out Front Ideas