New York, NY – RIMS recently announced that Nowell R. Seaman, RIMS-CRMP, FCIP, CRM will lead the Society as president for the 2017 term, effective January 1.
Mr. Seaman is the Director of Global Risk Management for Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. He has been a member of RIMS for 21 years and on its Board of Directors for nine years. Previously, Mr. Seaman served as the Society’s Vice President. He also served as the Chair of the RIMS Canada Council in 2003-2005, a director of RIMS Saskatchewan Chapter from 1997-2007 and chaired the secretariat responsible for the creation of the McGannon Foundation.
“The narrative is changing,” said RIMS 2017 President Nowell Seaman. “More organizations are recognizing the positive side of risk. They are witnessing the power of risk management and its ability to identify new resources, new processes and new strategies that can take the organization to new heights.
“RIMS has positioned itself as a leader in the industry. For years, it has provided practitioners with the tools and resources to advance professionally. As president, it is my goal to ensure that the Society’s momentum continues forward and that, together, our global network is prepared for whatever may come next.”
Officers on RIMS 2017 Board of Directors
- President: Nowell R. Seaman, RIMS-CRMP, FCIP, CRM; Director, Global Risk Management, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Vice President: Robert Cartwright, Jr., CRM; Safety and Health Manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC.
- Treasurer: Steve Pottle, CIP, CRM; Director Risk Management Services, York University.
- Secretary: Gloria Brosius; Corporate Risk Manager, Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings.
New Board Members
- Ellen R. Dunkin, Esq.; Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company.
- Soubhagya Parija; Senior Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, New York Power Authority.
Incumbent Board Members
- Gordon L. Adams; Risk Management, SERVCO Pacific.
- Emily Cummins, CPA, CPCU, CISSP, ARM, ARE; Managing Director of Tax and Risk Management, National Rifle Association.
- Barry Dillard; Director, Claims Management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US.
- Laura Langone, JD, MBA; Senior Director, Global Risk Management and Insurance, PayPal, Inc. Holdings.
- Ex Officio: Julie C. Pemberton, RIMS-CRMP, ARM; Vice President, Risk Management, Diatom Ventures LLC.
- Janet Stein; Director, Risk Management & Insurance, University of Calgary.
- Robert Zhang; China Risk and Compliance Manager, IKEA (China) Investment Co., Ltd.