Albany, NY – The New York State Insurance Fund recently announced the creation of a Producers’ Advisory Council to obtain the input, guidance and reaction to NYSIF practices that impact producers and their clients.
The Advisory Council will consist of not more than eight producers who will serve three-year terms, beginning on January 1 of the calendar year. Nominees to the Advisory Council will be submitted by New York producer associations for approval by NYSIF and will be evaluated based on their strong understanding of workers’ compensation insurance and experience in working with NYSIF.
The council will have no governance or policy authority but will serve as a significant link between NYSIF and the producer community. The council will provide an opportunity for brokers and agents to identify potential benefits of or issues with NYSIF business practices that affect producers. The ultimate goal of the council is to make it easier for producers to do business with NYSIF.
Nominations for the 2017 NYSIF Producers’ Advisory Council were solicited from the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State, Inc. (PIANY) and the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New York (IIABNY).
The members are as follows:
- John R. Costello, CIC, CRIS (First Niagara Risk Management, IIABNY nominee)
- Justin Fries, CIC, CPCU, CPIA (Garber Atlas Fries & Associates Inc., PIANY nominee)
- Valerie Geasor, CPCU (The Signature BB Companies, IIABNY nominee)
- Fred Holender, CLU, CPCU, ChFC, MSFS (Lawley Service Inc., PIANY nominee)
- Gene Sandy, CIC (Millennium Alliance Group LLC, PIANY nominee)
- Jack Smith, Jr., CPCU, ARM, CIC (William A. Smith & Son, IIABNY nominee)
- John Tomassi, CPCU (Winfield Group, PIANY nominee)
The Advisory Council is scheduled to have its first meeting in January.