Camarillo, CA – Now in its fifth year, the Comp Laude™ Awards celebrates the positive contributions of those in the workers’ compensation industry. The event is designed to inspire others to reach new heights and collaborate to help improve outcomes for injured workers. This year’s event will be held at the Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, Nov. 4-5.
An engaging new session, sponsored by the ATB Law Firm, the Comp Laude™ People’s Choice Awards was born out of WorkCompCentral founder David DePaolo’s passion for new ideas and powerful leadership in creative thinking to move people and organizations to break the inertia of conventional thinking to make significant change in the workers’ compensation industry.
After an extensive call for nominations, seven leaders in the work comp industry have been chosen to share their unique stories, Nov. 5, in a “TED Talk-style” format to conference attendees. The Comp Laude™ People’s Choice Awards sessions and speakers are as follows:
- “Finding Hope After Surviving a Terrorist Attack: The Story of Julie Swann-Paez,” presented by Alan Gurvey, managing partner of the Rowen, Gurvey & Win
- “Instilling Humanity in the Workplace: Lessons from Rwanda,” presented by Jenn Lyons, director of marketing, Genex Services
- “#WordsMatter,” presented by Mark Pew, senior vice president, PRIUM
- “Workers’ Compensation Organizations Do a Lousy Job Talking About the Good Things They Do,” by Joe Paduda, principal, Health Strategy Associates
- “Building a More Diverse Talent Pool to Meet Future Leadership Needs in the Workers’ Compensation Industry,” presented by Jay Ayala, managing director, Sedgwick
- “Walk With Soule!” Presented by Dwight Johnson, founder, Soule Innovations
- “GB’s Gentle Bear,” presented by Dave Gordon, chief marketing officer, Gallagher Bassett
Each presenter will deliver his or her story in six power-packed minutes. Attendees will have the opportunity to vote electronically for their favorite presenter and the winner will receive the Comp Laude™ People’s Choice Award during Comp Laude™ Awards Ceremony later in the day.