St. Louis, MO – Out Front Ideas with Kimberly and Mark has announced its next complimentary webinar, noting that employment laws related to leave of absence and accommodation also apply to workers’ compensation claims, adding another layer of complexity to an already challenging situation. It is critical for workers’ compensation payers to understand the nuances of federal laws like the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in addition to developing a plan to work closely with employers to protect them from compliance fines, penalties and lawsuits.
In tomorrow’s (Sep 20) webinar, a panel of experts will discuss some of the trends and challenges associated with leave of absence and accommodation laws and how they apply to workers’ compensation.
- How to avoid common and, often, costly mistakes related to leave issues.
- Need-to-know recent Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidance and enforcement actions.
- Effective practices employers are using to remain in compliance with the ADAAA and FMLA.
- Tangible methods to help decrease your risk of disability discrimination.
- Strategies to help you evolve your ADAAA compliance efforts.
- Bryon Bass, Sr. VP, Disability and Absence Practice and Compliance, Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
- Jeff Nowak, Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Practice Group, Franczek Radelet
- Adrienne Paler, Director, Total Health and Productivity Management, Integrated Disability and Absence Management, Sutter Health
The webcast is scheduled for Tuesday September 20, 2016 at 11am CT.
Click here to register: Out Front Ideas Webcast: Intersection of ADAAA, FMLA & Workers’ Compensation
Source: Out Front Ideas