San Jose, CA – DataCare’s recently announced that its web-based workers’ compensation case management software is integrating the Reed Group® MDGuidelines.
- Real-world and physiological return-to-work duration
- Predictive modeling of return-to-work duration
- Medical monographs for clinician reference and patient education
- State treatment guidelines for workers’ compensation
- Leave of Absence Advisor™, a resource for easy navigation of–and best practices expertise for–FMLA, state, and other job-protected leave laws
DataCare has done a phenomenal job with the comprehensive integration of MDGuidelines into their software system. This tool gives return-to-work stakeholders the functionality they need to achieve better outcomes, reduce costs, and help employees return to their normal productive endeavors.
According to Dr. Douglas Benner, Chief Medical Officer at EK Health, who provided medical oversight to the DataCare development team, “DataCare’s integration with Reed Group is part of a growing trend to put easy-to-use predictive modeling tools in the hands of nurses and physicians. This will enable them to employ return-to-work guidelines that are more closely tailored for each patient based on factors such as age, job class, and the presence of additional (co-morbid) health conditions.”
Return-to-work guidelines from the Reed Group are based on the world’s deepest database of millions of disability cases and include over 1,300 medical topics, many of which cover multiple diagnoses or procedures. They are the result of rigorous statistical analysis and the up-to-the-minute clinical expertise of leading physicians.
MDGuidelines provide the most trusted and highest quality return-to-work data on the market:
A robust tool data set for managing disabilities including definitions, diagnosis and prognosis, rehabilitation, disability duration, and restrictions and accommodations for over 5,000 of the top disabling conditions.
- The deepest and highest quality data
- The most reliable recommended disability duration
- Superior user interface for administrative savings
- Consistent and defend-able return-to-work recommendations
Alex Atkins, Sales and Marketing Manager at DataCare, says, “We strive to provide the most advanced tools that help our clients provide injured workers with timely and effective treatment. After incorporating Reed Group into the Ahshay system, our clients can now seamlessly integrate the most recent versions of disability duration, predictive recommendations, and referential content into their case managers’ workflow.”