Portland, ME – At the MEMIC Annual Meeting of the Policyholders, workers’ compensation insurer The MEMIC Group presented awards for workplace safety to ten of its more than 20,000 policyholders.
At the Portland Museum of Art, MEMIC’s senior vice president of loss control and safety services, Karl Siegfried, paid tribute to the following employers for their workplace safety efforts:
- First National Bank of Damariscotta, Maine
- Giovanni Food Co., Inc. of Syracuse, New York
- Good Shepherd Food Bank of Auburn, Maine
- InterMed, P.A. of Portland, Maine
- Lumbra Hardwoods, Inc. of Milo, Maine
- Ridgewood Estates, LLC of Madawaska, Maine
- St. Paul’s School of Concord, New Hampshire
- Ultrafab, Inc. of Farmington, New York
- Watson, Inc. of West Haven, Connecticut
- WWRD US, LLC of Wall Township, New Jersey
“As we traveled throughout the Eastern U.S. presenting these safety awards,” said Siegfried, “I was struck by how alike the company cultures are in spite of how diverse the work they do is. Every safety award winner talks about and treats their employees like they are family, with tremendous passion for what they do and compassion for who they work with.”
Click here to watch videos of the MEMIC safety award winners.