Denver, CO – February 1 marked the commencement of Insurance Careers Month, a major multi-phased collaborative effort led by Hamilton Insurance Group, Lloyd’s of London, Marsh & McLennan, The Institutes, MyPath, Valen Analytics, The Jacobson Group, InVEST and PCI, to help raise awareness of insurance as a compelling career choice. The campaign is focused on spreading the message of Insurance as the Careers Trifecta: stable, rewarding and limitless.
Over 320 companies and 400 industry professionals have already signed on to support the initiative, recognizing the importance of attracting the next generation of industry leaders. With the help of the local Michigan Insurance coalition, Insuring MI Future, the State of Michigan has officially proclaimed that February will be Insurance Careers Month. Additionally, CEOs of the top insurance companies, including Brian Duperreault of Hamilton Insurance Group and Inga Beale of Lloyds, recorded video testimonials conveying a call to action for the industry:
- Brian Duperreault, CEO of Hamilton
- Inga Beale, CEO of Lloyds
- Mike McGavick, CEO of XL Catlin
- Dan Glaser, CEO of Marsh & McLennan
- Bob Rusbuldt, President & CEO of IIABA
Each participating company or individual is encouraged to develop their own strategies and initiatives to address the underwhelming number of millennials interested in a career in insurance. For those who would like to get involved, here are a few recommended steps to initiate the process:
- Start Small: Initiate conversations with your C-suite leaders about the current crisis and how to get involved.
- Utilize Social Media: Become active on social media to engage with Millennials. Use the hashtag #careertrifecta to be part of the industry conversation scheduled each week on Tuesdays.
- Local Outreach: Connect with high schools, colleges and local job fairs to highlight industry opportunities and career paths.
To learn more, visit the Insurance Careers Month website.