Itasca, IL – The National Safety Council has announced the 2016 CEOs Who “Get It,” presented annually to organizational leaders who demonstrate continued and outstanding dedication to employee safety and well-being both on and off the job.
“These CEOs understand that safety must start at the top,” said Deborah A.P. Hersman, president and CEO of the National Safety Council. “They have set a safety standard for both their peers and employees, and we are proud to recognize their efforts to make our world safer.”
This year’s CEOs represent national and multinational organizations of all sizes. Each honoree has built his or her organization’s safety strategy using four key components: leadership and employee engagement, safety management solutions, risk reduction and performance measurement. These four pillars are the basis for the Council’s Journey to Safety Excellence, a process of continuous improvement with a goal of zero harm.
This year’s recipients are:
- Gerard Anderson, Chairman and CEO, DTE Energy
- Andrea E. Bertone, President, Duke Energy International
- Col. Michael Farrell, Commander, Sacramento District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Carol Johnson, President and CEO, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
- Bill Koziel, President and CEO, SAC Wireless
- Edward J. Sheehan Jr., President and CEO, Concurrent Technologies Corp.
- Phil Washington, CEO, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Profiles of the CEOs Who “Get It” will be featured in the February 2016 issue of Safety+Health magazine.
Source: National Safety Council