Austin, TX – The Texas Department of Insurance’s Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) re-certified 15 employers to self-insure workers’ compensation claims. Together, the companies employ about 21,000 people in Texas.
- AAA Cooper Transportation
- Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Bradford Holding Company, Inc.
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Emerson Electric Co.
- FedEx Freight, Inc.
- Guardian Industries Corp.
- International Paper Company
- James Construction Group, LLC
- Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- VF Corporation
- Weyerhaeuser Company
To be certified to self-insure, a company must meet state requirements and have a minimum workers’ compensation insurance unmodified manual premium of $500,000. For more information on applying to the Self-Insurance Regulation program, visit the TDI website.