Austin, TX – The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has recently launched a new educational outreach program, Workers’ Compensation Fundamentals, designed to educate injured employees about the basics of workers’ compensation, so they are able to successfully navigate their claims. The free sessions are offered in both English and Spanish in select cities, and developed to ensure the information is provided clearly to the participating injured employees.
“I’m excited to offer this new educational outreach program across the state,” said Commissioner Brannan. “It is my hope that with this new program, we will make the Texas workers’ compensation system more accessible for injured employees, while making sure that they better understand their rights and responsibilities.”
The sessions will be held in DWC field offices across the state and the presentations will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the workers’ compensation system in Texas
- Injured employee’s rights and responsibilities in a workers’ compensation claim
- Guidelines for a safe and successful return to work after an on-the-job injury
- Income and medical benefits available to injured employees
- The dispute resolution process
A schedule of the upcoming Workers’ Compensation Fundamentals sessions is available on the TDI website.
For more information on the new outreach program, please contact Alex Marceaux in DWC Field Operations at (512) 804-4155 or Alex.Marceaux@tdi.texas.gov.