San Diego, CA – Mitchell International’s Workers’ Compensation Solutions division has released a new version of its bill review and repricing solution, SmartAdvisor 7.0. With the updated solution, P&C insurance customers receive updated features to help contain costs, drive business intelligence and enhance workflows in the bill review process.
SmartAdvisor 7.0 introduces advanced user-friendly features including SmartGuidelines™, ServiceConnector™ and Claimant Dashboard designed to increase productivity. Each customized feature is integrated into the SmartAdvisor platform to enable adjusters and bill review staff to complete actions and make decisions faster, all from a single streamlined interface.
“SmartAdvisor is designed to provide maximum productivity and efficiency throughout the bill review process,” said Nina Smith-Garmon, executive vice president and general manager of Mitchell International’s Casualty Solutions. “To ensure we’re effective in achieving this goal, each software update is a result of direct customer feedback. The latest features simplify the complex processes plaguing most adjusters and bill review staff and as a result, put time back in the hands of our customers to do what matters most.”
Key SmartAdvisor 7.0 features and enhancements include:
- ServiceConnector™ – A central location to order referrals for ancillary services and products such as durable medical equipment (DME), physical therapy (PT), diagnostic imaging and many more from the adjuster’s desktop. This feature is currently in beta and will be available by Spring 2015.
- SmartGuidelines™ – Access Official Disability Guidelines (ODG) to quickly and automatically identify the frequency of use of medical procedures, expected disability durations, and average duration trends based on the combination of ICD and CPT codes. The system flags potential outliers early in the claims process. SmartGuidelines can also be accessed through Mitchell’s Claims Examiner Portal.
- ICD-10 Transition Support – Process CMS- 1500 and UB-04 bills with ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes for both paper and electronic bills. Processing includes bill entry / import, adjudication and jurisdictional reporting. Bills with ICD-9 codes on or after the 10/1/2015 compliance date can be processed.
- Capstone® Business Decision Manager Release 3 – Customized Rule Detail automatically displays all information on one screen. After analyzing the information, the Action Options feature enables users to take action on decisions with a single click.
- Fee Schedule Impact Analysis – The on-demand, custom bill review analyzer monitors potential impact to historical bill allowances. Perform self-audits and hypothetical analyses to remain compliant. This feature is currently in beta and will be available by Spring 2015.
- Claimant Dashboard – Graphical tool in Claims Examiner Portal providing advanced visualization of medical treatments and spend on a claim. Users quickly view the current financial and medical development of claims. This feature is currently in beta and will be available by Winter 2015.