Madison, WI – On Thursday, October 2, the International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) instated its 2014-2015 Executive Committee, with Dwight T. Lovan, Commissioner of the Kentucky Office of Workers’ Claims as President, and also including the first-ever representative from Germany.
The IAIABC Executive Committee is the governing body of the IAIABC, the largest association of workers’ compensation jurisdictional agencies in North America. The 2014-2015 Executive Committee is comprised of leaders from twelve jurisdictional agencies, and one ex-officio industry member.
Newly elected to the Executive Committee include Dr. Joachim Breuer and Mr. Gary Cannon. Dr. Breuer is the Director General of DGUV, or German Social Accident Insurance, in Germany. DGUV is the umbrella organization of all German accident insurance funds in the industrial sector, insuring over 70 million people. Dr. Breuer’s affiliations include the International Social Security Association, European Region of Rehabilitation International, and International Disability Management Standards Council.
Mr. Cannon is the Executive Director of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. He has been with the Commission since 2009, and prior to that, served in various state, county, and city government positions. His experience in leadership, management, and administration is vast, and his affiliations include the International City Management Association, International Personnel Management Association, and the University of North Carolina MPA Alumni Board of Trustees.
Members of the newly instated Executive Committee are:
- President: Dwight T. Lovan, Commissioner, Kentucky Office of Workers’ Claims
- President-Elect: R.D. Maynard, Commissioner, Idaho Industrial Commission
- Vice President: David Threedy, Chair, Washington Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
- Secretary-Treasurer: Matt Carey, Chief Administrator of Rehabilitation and Education Units, Rhode Island Division of Workers’ Compensation
Members at Large:
- Joachim Breuer, Director General, German Social Accident Insurance
- Gary Cannon, Executive Director, South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Brent Hatch, Director of Return to Work Outreach and Special Initiatives, Texas Division of Workers’ Compensation
- Abbie Hudgens, Administrator, Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Division
- Larry Karns, Director, Kansas Division of Workers’ Compensation
- Evelyn McGill, Executive Director, Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Paul Sighinolfi, Executive Director/Chair, Maine Workers’ Compensation Board
- Scott Brener, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, SFM