Denver, CO – Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado’s leading workers’ compensation insurer, is recognizing the recipients of the company’s sixth annual Circle of Safety Awards this month. A total of 60 policyholders from across the state were honored for their exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management.
“Everyone in these organizations has made a commitment to workplace safety, from leadership to front-line employees,” said Pinnacol Safety Director Jim McMillen. “By implementing a safety program and actively encouraging safe behaviors, they help ensure the success of their business and employees in a safe environment.”
The Circle of Safety Award recognizes that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top management and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone has a hand in making Colorado workplaces safer.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for at least four years
- .85 or less Experience Modification Rating each policy period
- Combined four-year loss ratio of 25 percent or less
- 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours (combined four-year history)
- Designated providers each year
- Two or less notices of cancellation each year
- No non-compliant audits
- Must currently hold the State of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification
- No fatalities
- Approved return-to-work program
Of the 2013 honorees, eight have received the Circle of Safety recognition every year since the award’s inception in 2007. Another 30 are new to the list, indicating how businesses are raising the bar in workplace safety.
A Complete listing of the winners is available here: Pinnacol Assurance 2013 Circle of Safety Award Winners (PDF)
Source: Pinnacol Assurance