San Diego, CA -(MarketWire)- Mitchell’s Workers’ Compensation Solutions Division recently announced SmartAdvisor™ Premier Medical Reporting (PMR), a state compliance management and reporting solution. As an integral part of the SmartAdvisor Suite, PMR reduces the complexities, costly fines and inefficiencies insurers, third-party administrators and state funds typically encounter when working to comply with state government regulatory requirements.
“Today’s workers’ compensation industry is highly-regulated; and as state-specific regulatory pressure continues to mount, California, Texas, Oregon and Florida have already implemented mandates that make compliance costly and complex,” said Nina Smith-Garmon, executive vice president and general manager of the Mitchell Workers’ Compensation Solutions Division. “Mitchell’s SmartAdvisor PMR directly addresses these challenges, enabling our customers to easily manage their medical reporting bills and reduce costs associated with maintaining compliance.”
PMR is a core compliance tool, utilizing automated decision-making features and comprehensive maintenance screens to provide efficient and effective medical reporting workflows. Key features of the new solution include:
- Central repository: One location within SmartAdvisor for all state reporting management functions to improve efficiency
- Batch management: New capability provides real-time information on batches (file-by-file) for efficient batch management
- Bill management: Drop-down search criteria cover the most common scenarios for fast bill finds
- Bill history screen: Comprehensive view of all changes made to a bill after posting to improve visibility and prepare for audits
- Skipped / rejected error management: A ‘Pend Queue’ feature showing both skipped / rejected bills as well as reasons for skip / rejection to streamline fixes to erred bills and improve bill quality
SmartAdvisor PMR is currently in beta testing with several Mitchell Workers’ Compensation Solutions clients. It is also deployed within the company’s own Bill Review Service Center. The new solution will be available to new and existing customers in the Summer (2013).