Towson, MD – IWIF Workers’ Compensation Insurance announced that RADM Boris D. Lushniak, M.D., M.P.H., Deputy Surgeon General, U.S. Public Health Service, will provide the keynote address for the 4th Annual Maryland Workplace Health & Wellness Symposium to be held June 7, 2013 at the BWI Marriott Hotel in Linthicum, Maryland.
RADM Lushniak has been the Deputy Surgeon General since November 2010, assisting the U.S. Surgeon General in articulating the best available scientific information to the public regarding ways to improve personal health and the health of the nation. He also assists the Surgeon General in overseeing the operations of the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps comprising of approximately 6,700 uniformed health officers who serve in locations around the world to promote, protect and advance the health and safety of our nation.
The wellness symposium is a free, half-day seminar for employers and features national and local experts presenting the latest information on:
- Educating employers about how employees’ lifestyle choices impact a company’s healthcare and workers’ compensation costs;
- Examining the Affordable Care Act and the Maryland Health Connection, as well as how a focus on wellness can positively impact the bottom line;
- Providing testimonials from employees whose lives have changed resulting from workplace wellness programs;
- Learning how to build a powerful workplace wellness program; and
- Partnering with community resources like the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, American Cancer Association, and the COPD Foundation.
The event is free; however, reservations are required. Register at www.iwif.com, or call 410-494-2170. Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
The 2013 Maryland Workplace Health & Wellness Symposium is presented by IWIF in collaboration with the Office of Chronic Disease Prevention in the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Chesapeake Region Safety Council and Business Health Services. The Baltimore Business Journal is the official media sponsor of the event.