San Francisco, CA – The Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) and the Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) have scheduled two additional sessions for the public forums on workers’ compensation. An afternoon session has been added in Sacramento on April 10, and a new session in Costa Mesa has been added on the morning of April 17.
“Because we have received a great response from the public we are adding two additional public sessions to allow people the opportunity to provide feedback on improvements to the workers’ compensation system,” said DIR Director Christine Baker. “The forums are intended to discuss current issues in the workers’ compensation system and to gather information from stakeholders and members of the public on suggestions for improvements.”
DIR Director Christine Baker and DWC Administrative Director Rosa Moran will host the forums and topics of discussion will include:
- Provision of appropriate medical treatment without unnecessary delay, the medical provider network (MPN), utilization review (UR) or other issues
- Enabling injured workers to return to work as quickly as medically feasible
- Adequate compensation for permanent disabilities
- Reducing the burden of liens on the system
- Identification of appropriate fee schedules
- Reducing unnecessary litigation costs
- Assessing appropriate use of opiates and other care
- Any other improvements needed
The forums will be held in:
- Sacramento on Tuesday, April 10
Morning session—Registration closed
Afternoon session—2 – 5 p.m.
- Los Angeles on Monday, April 16—Registration closed
- Costa Mesa on Tuesday, April 17
- Fresno on Wednesday, April 18
- San Bernardino on Tuesday, April 24
- San Diego on Wednesday, April 25
- Oakland on Monday, April 30
Seating is limited at many of the workers’ compensation public forums locations and registration is required. (Click link to see complete details on each location, including starting times and venue addresses.) Verbal testimony at the open forums will be limited to three minutes per speaker and written testimony can be submitted to DIR@DIR.ca.gov in advance of the meeting.
Source: CA DIR/DWC