NEW YORK — RIMS (the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.) today announced that Deborah M. Luthi, ARM will lead the Society as president for the 2012 term, effective January 1.
Ms. Luthi is the Enterprise Risk Manager for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission. She has been a member of RIMS for almost 32 years and on the board for 11 years. Previously, Ms. Luthi served as Vice President and board liaison to the Society’s Finance Committee and Spencer Educational Foundation Committee. She is a member of RIMS Golden Gate Chapter; as well as RIMS Sacramento Valley Chapter, which she helped to co-found in 1991.
“Last year, risk managers around the world were put to the test and were met head-on with new challenges that included a complete global financial meltdown and unexpected natural disasters,” said Ms. Luthi. “As we move forward into 2012, it’s important that RIMS helps redefine the ‘risk manager’ and their responsibilities in order to continue to provide members with the best resources and opportunities essential for their organization’s success.”
Officers on RIMS 2012 Board of Directors:
- President: Deborah M. Luthi, ARM, Director, Risk Management Services, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission;
- Vice President: John R. Phelps, ARM, CPCU, Director, Business Risk Solutions, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.;
- Treasurer: Carolyn M. Snow, CPCU, Director, Risk Management, Humana Inc.;
- Corporate Secretary: Nowell R. Seaman, CIP, CRM, Manager, Risk Management & Insurance Services, University of Saskatchewan.
Newly-Elected Board Members:
- Al Gorski, Chief Risk Officer, Orange County Transportation Authority;
- Leslie Lamb, Global Risk Manager, Cisco Systems, Inc.
Re-Elected Board Members:
- Robert Cartwright Jr., CRM, Loss Prevention Manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
- Scott B. Clark, AAI, Risk & Benefits Officer, Miami-Dade County Public Schools (Ex-Officio);
- Kim Hunton, MPA, FCIP, RF, Corporate Risk Manager, City of Ottawa;
- Dan H. Kugler, ARM, CEBS, CPCU, ACI, Assistant Treasurer, Risk Management, Snap-On Inc.;
- William Montanez, ARM, Director, Risk Management, Ace Hardware Corporation;
- Julie C. Pemberton, ARM, Director, Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management, Coinstar;
- Michael D. Phillipus, ARM, Director, Insurance and Risk Management, ATP Oil & Gas Corporation;
- Richard J. Roberts, Jr., ALCM, ARM, CPCU, RF, MBA, Corporate Risk Manager, Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc.;
- Frederick J. Savage, FCII, ARM, Director, Risk Management (San Ramon), Chevron Corporation;
- Lori Seidenberg, ARM, Vice-President, Enterprise Risk Management, Centerline Capital Group.
For more information about RIMS leadership, visit www.RIMS.org.