COLUMBUS – Excellent recordkeeping has earned the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) the Auditor of State Award after a review by State Auditor Dave Yost’s office returned a clean audit report. The audit was completed by Schneider Downs and accepted by Auditor Yost.
“BWC is committed to safeguarding employer premiums so we have a strong system to care for Ohio’s injured workers,” said BWC Administrator/CEO Stephen Buehrer. “This recognition reflects the effectiveness of the policies and procedures we have in place to ensure the highest level of transparency and accountability.”
The Auditor of State Award is presented to public entities that meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- Must be a GAAP entity without a CAFR (Certified Annual Financial Report) that timely files their financial reports with the Auditor of State;
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals;
- Questioned costs less than $10,000;
- Lack of timely report submission;
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit;
- Findings for recovery less than $100;
- Public meetings or public records.
Source: Ohio BWC