On November 3, 2011, the NY WCB announced and released Subject No. 046-472, Workers’ Compensation Board Announces 2012 NYS Guidelines for Determining Permanent Impairment and Loss of Wage Earning Capacity to take effect January 1, 2012. The 2012 Guidelines include:
- New impairment guidelines for the evaluation of non-schedule permanent disabilities
- New guidance on evaluating functional capabilities
- New guidance on determining loss of wage earning capacity
In addition, the Board has modified Form C-4.3, Doctor’s Report of MMI/Permanent Impairment and created a new Form VDF-1, Loss of Wage Earning Capacity Vocational Data Form.
To promote consistent use of the 2012 Guidelines and the new forms by all stakeholders, the Board has developed free web-based educational programs. There are three learning modules available:
- 2012 Guidelines for Medical Professionals
- 2012 Guidelines: Modified Form C-4.3
- 2012 Guidelines: Basics for Non-Medical Professionals
Physicians may receive 1.25 CME credits for completing the 2012 Guidelines for Medical Professionals.
The training program is available on the Board’s website here: NYWCB Training for 2012 Guidelines for Determining Permanent Impairment
Source: NY WCB