As directed by House Bill 1698/Public Act 97-18, new downstate arbitration regions will take effect in Illinois on January 1, 2012. Three arbitrators will appear at each hearing site, and cases will be randomly assigned among them. To accommodate this change, 90-day continuance cycles will be resumed.
Hearing Sites by Region Number:
- Collinsville, Herrin, Mt. Vernon
- Quincy, Springfield, Urbana
- Bloomington, Kewanee, Peoria
- Geneva, Joliet, Ottawa
- Rockford, Waukegan, Woodstock
- Wheaton (Three Chicago arbitrators will be assigned to appear in Wheaton.)
The IWCC is in the process of reassigning cases to these regions, and will send corrected notices.
A new accident location table will be posted soon. Any partially tried cases will stay with the original arbitrator.