JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – MSC Care Management, a deliverer of medical products and care management solutions to the workers’ compensation industry, has launched a new real-time online communication and referral management system to help relieve the administrative burden for claims adjusters and nurse case managers.
MSC CareConnect is a proprietary online tool that allows for faster and more efficient claims management. Authorized claims professionals can log in to the secure, Web-based interface from anywhere to review and approve referrals. In addition to managing referrals, claims professionals receive email notifications of status updates, authorization alerts, rental management prompts and links to claimant-specific referral history. The MSC CareConnect solution enables real-time, online management at different phases throughout the referral lifecycle.
“Our customers tell us that 70 to 90 percent of payors’ administrative overhead is attributed to claims handling. MSC CareConnect is a powerful solution that can significantly reduce this burden,” said Joe Delaney, President and CEO of MSC Care Management. “As the industry increasingly needs improved efficiency at the desk level, MSC continues to offer reliable, trusted resources to our customers.”
During the development phase of the MSC CareConnect system, pilot program participants were most impressed with access to immediate updates at the stroke of a key. The ability to receive referral notifications via email and to authorize or decline services online significantly reduces the daily volume of phone calls and stacks of paper required for management of workers’ compensation claims. MSC CareConnect allows claims professionals to have access to the information online at any time.
The unique, efficiency-enhancing features of MSC CareConnect include:
- Online processing of medical equipment or service referrals, including fields for comments or special instructions, in batches or individually by referral;
- Ability to sort or search by claim number, claimant, referral number, date or claims professional;
- Summaries of all referral activity for each patient;
- Notifications throughout the referral lifecycle, such as referral acknowledgments to authorizations to delivery statuses; and
- Customization of types of email notifications each claims professional receives.
Additional features to the MSC CareConnect system will be launched in phases over the next 12 months.
Source: MSC Care Management