The decline in net written premiums for workers compensation is projected to continue this year, according to NCCI’s latest Financial Update newsletter.
Among other findings:
- The net combined ratio for workers compensation is projected to show little change in 2010
- On average, the approved WC bureau rates/loss costs decreased in 2010
- Residual market premium continues to shrink for Policy Year 2009
- The combined ratio for the residual market pools serviced by NCCI remains unchanged for Policy Year 2009
- The underwriting loss in Policy Year 2009 for NCCI-administered residual market pools is projected to improve slightly.
The Full Worker’s Compensation Update Newsletter can be found here (PDF):