(Phoenix, Arizona) – SCF Arizona, the state’s largest and most trusted workers’ compensation insurance provider, announced its more than 30,000 policyholders statewide have greater access to medical care through an arrangement with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
SCF customers will have a greater choice in the number of hospitals and ambulatory surgery center providers, which now include institutional providers in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona network.
“This agreement strengthens SCF’s commitment to continually evaluate our programs to ensure policyholders’ claims needs are met. As we enter this arrangement with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, we do so with the knowledge that the healthcare industry is changing rapidly and controlling medical costs for our policyholders remains our top priority,” said Paula Koroso, SCF’s Senior Vice President of Claims.
The agreement with BCBSAZ allows SCF to:
- Provide injured workers of SCF policyholders greater access to medical treatment;
- Provide more cost-effective treatment options for injured workers’ treatments;
- Strengthen its commitment to all Arizona businesses, small and large;
- Better control medical costs in the rapidly changing healthcare system;
- Continue working to keep Arizona’s workers’ compensation costs among the lowest in the nation, resulting in making the state a better place to do business.
SCF policyholders can take advantage of the additional healthcare facilities via a single source by locating a provider through the Preferred Connection Network (PCN) directory on the SCF Arizona Web site, www.scfaz.com.SCF Arizona 3030 N. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85012-3039
Contact: Bruce Trethewy
Marketing & Communications Specialist
SCF Arizona is the state’s largest workers’ compensation insurer, providing coverage to more than 30,000 active policyholders and an estimated 500,000 employees statewide. SCF has operated in Arizona for more than 85 years, holds $3 billion in assets and employs more than 500 people. SCF is headquartered in Phoenix and has offices in Flagstaff, Lake Havasu City, Prescott, Show Low, Tucson and Yuma. For more information about SCF Arizona, visit www.scfaz.com.
Source: SCF Arizona